Stainless steel has many popular uses, and we know how to handle them all. Our innovative waterjet cutting technology gives us the capability to process any kind of stainless steel with great efficiency. That means you get perfectly processed material in a timely fashion.
We carry a large in-house inventory of stainless steel. Contact our team today for all your stainless steel questions and requirements.
There are two main series of stainless steel: Austentic (300) and Martensitic Ferritic (400). We process both in our state-of-the-art waterjet cutting facility.
300 Series Stainless Steel
300 series stainless steel is known for its high chromium and nickel content. It has excellent mechanical and corrosion resistant properties and is a popular choice in food and dairy equipment, or when a good chemical resistance property is required. This series cannot be hardened by heat treating and is non-magnetic.
- 304, 304L, 316, 316L & 321 stainless is a common material to be waterjet cut. The “L” designation is a modified plate with lower carbon content, today most plates are dual certified as 304/304L & 316/316L.
- 304 grade is a basic chromium-nickel stainless steel.
- 316 grade is a chromium-nickel stainless steel with a little more nickel and molybdenum added to give it more corrosion and chemical resistance.
- 321 grade is a chromium-nickel stainless steel with titanium added to improve its corrosion resistance after exposure to extremely high temperatures.
400 Series Stainless Steel
400 series stainless steel has chromium added with small amounts of nickel. It has great corrosion resistance and most grades are magnetic. Also, because of the added carbon in martensitic grades it can be hardened by heat treating. Because of the hardenability, it is used for manufacturing machine screws, knifes, jet engine exhaust components, and other high-strength components. 410, 420 and 440C grades are all processed with little or no effort by waterjet processing.
Others grades of stainless we have processed are:
- 17-4, 17-7 and 15-7 (in all conditions including annealed, H900 and H1150)
- Nickel alloys including Inconel, Incoloy, Monel 400, Hastelloy and Waspaloy
- Duplex grades 2205 and 2304
95% of the stainless steel we carry in inventory is domestic-grade quality. Manufactured and melted in the USA.
Contact us today to learn more about our stainless steel waterjet cutting.