Carbon steel is the most commercially produced metal in the entire world, but that doesn’t mean just anyone can process it. Over 1.5 billion metric tons of crude steel are produced and sold every year for use in cars, bridges, tools, machines, buildings, railroads, and more. With all these essential everyday uses, it’s vital to make sure carbon steel cut the right way–and cut quickly.
At Minnesota Waterjet, we have the innovative waterjet cutting technology required to process even the biggest carbon steel plates. We stock most grades of common steel plate and sheet in hot rolled, cold rolled and also hot rolled, pickled and oiled (HRPO) form. We also carry a large selection of military grade steel plate.
Most of our steel plate and sheet is Domestic-grade, manufactured and melted in the USA!
Some of the plates we offer in stock:
- Low carbon steel
- A36 plate
- 1011 sheet
- 1008 sheet
- Medium carbon steel
- High carbon steel
- Abrasion resistant (AR)
- Commercial alloy steel
- 4140, chromium-molybdenum steel
- 4340, nickel-chromium-molybdenum steel
- 6150, chrome-vanadium steel
- 8620, nickel-chromium-molybdenum steel
- High tensile steel (Military specified)
- HY 80
- HY 100
- High Strength / Low Alloy (HSLA)
- A572 Grade 50
- A588 Grades A&B (Cor-ten)
- A656 Grade 80
- A514 (T-1)
- Pressure vessel quality (PVQ) plates
- A516 Grade 70
- Specialty grades and Tool Steels
- Blue tempered, spring steel and shim stock
- A2 and D2
We have the equipment and stock you need for any carbon steel job. Contact us today to find out how we can meet your needs.